1) Which one of the following is a dopamine-receptor agonist?
2) Pyridoxine 20mg daily is recommended to prevent peripheral neuropathy associated with which one of the following anti-tuberculosis drugs?
3) Enhanced services such as the minor ailment scheme are commissioned on a national basis and are offered by all pharmacy contractors
4) Loss of visual acuity and colour blindness is associated with which of the following antituberculosis drugs
5) Diabetes and osteoporosis are glucocorticoid side effects of corticosteroids
6) The supply of which one of the following drugs must be documented in the controlled drug register?
7) It is illegal for a pharmacist to provide an emergency supply of diazepam
8) Private prescriptions can only be dispensed if they are written in english
9) Which one of the following drugs may cause respiratory depression?
10) Ring worm is caused by which one of the following types of infection?
11) Which one of the following is NOT a stage of the CPD cycle?
12) Private prescriptions for Schedule 2 or 3 controlled drugs must be written on FP10PCD
13) A patient presents to the pharmacy with a prescription for morphine 5mg MR tabs that has been written by a prescriber in Turkey. Legally, you can dispense the prescription providing all usual prescription requirements are met
14) Which one of the following drugs inhibits the intestinal absorption of cholesterol
15) Increasing dietary vitamin K would likely cause a decrease in INR in patients taking warfarin
16) Which of the following is/are side effects of beta blockers?
A. If 1, 2, and 3 are correct
B. If 1 and 2 only are correct
C. If 2 and 3 only are correct
D. If 1 only is correct
E. If 3 only is correct
17) Which one of the following herbal remedies can be used to treat morning sickness in pregnant women?
18) Calcipotriol can be used to treat which one of the following skin conditions?
19) Which one of the following inhaled drugs most commonly causes oral thrush?
20) If a patient on warfarin was to concurrently ingest cranberry juice you would expect the INR to increase
21) A medicine use review is classed as an essential service that is offered by all pharmacy contractors
22) How long should invoices for schedule 3 controlled drugs be kept for?
23) Which one of the following is not an essential pharmacy service?
24) Which one of the following drugs can cause the urine to become blue?
25) If a patient taking warfarin was to eat an unusually large amount of green leafy vegetables what affect would this have on their INR?
26) Which of the following is NOT a risk factor for venous thromboembolism with combined hormonal contraceptives.
27) Which one of the following is incorrect regarding FP10MDA prescriptions?
28) A drug has a half-life of 5 hours. If the initial plasma concentration is 50mcg/L how long will it take for the plasma drug concentration to reach 12.5mcg/L?
29) Phenobarbital is a schedule 3 controlled drug that is exempt from safe custody requirements
30) If you have a war pension exemption certificate, the NHS will only cover the cost of prescriptions relating to your accepted disability
31) Sudden onset of sleep is associated with use of which one of the following drugs?
32) Patients who take progesterone-only contraceptives are at increased risk of breast cancer but those who take combined hormonal contraceptives are not
33) For schedule 2 or 3 controlled drugs, if the quantity on the prescription is only written in words, the pharmacist may add the quantity in figures.
34) Which one of the following drugs most commonly causes headaches?
35) Benzodiazepines are indicated for the short term relief of mild anxiety
36) Deep vein thrombosis in pregnancy is treated with which one of the following drugs?
37) Peripheral neuropathy is associated with which one of the following anti-tuberculosis drugs?
38) Symptoms of dyspepsia include abdominal pain, bloating and diarrhoea
39) A patient is prescribed erythromycin for an infection. Their current medications include aspirin 75mg once daily, bisoprolol 2.5mg once daily, allopurinol 300mg once daily, and simvastatin 40mg once daily. Which of these medicines has a significant interaction with erythromycin?
40) When dispensing a prescription for a patient, it is important to dispense the same brand of which one of the following drugs?