1) Repeat dispensing prescriptions for schedule 5 controlled drugs must be dispensed for the first time within 28 days
2) Broken bulk can be claimed on special containers
3) Which one of the following medicines has a potentially serious interaction with St Johns Wort?
4) Which of the following is/are side effects of beta blockers?
A. If 1, 2, and 3 are correct
B. If 1 and 2 only are correct
C. If 2 and 3 only are correct
D. If 1 only is correct
E. If 3 only is correct
5) A 35 year old man presents to your pharmacy and explains that he experiences a burning pain when he urinates. What is the most appropriate recommendation?
6) FP10MDA prescriptions can request a maximum of 14 days treatment
7) Due to its very long half-life, it often takes several weeks or even months for a steady state plasma-drug concentration to be reached for which one of the following drugs?
8) Ullipristal is licensed as a method of emergency hormonal contraception up to 7 days after unprotected sexual intercourse
9) It is good practice, not a legal requirement, to establish whether the person collecting prescriptions for schedule 2 controlled drugs is the patient, their representative, or a healthcare professional
10) Requisitions for schedule 2 or 3 controlled drugs MUST be written on FP10CDF
11) An entry in the controlled drugs register is not required when which one of the following medicines is received?
12) FP10MDA prescriptions should be used when ordering supply in installments
13) Flushing is a common side effect of which one of the following drugs?
14) A patient presents to the pharmacy with a prescription for morphine 5mg MR tabs that has been written by a prescriber in Turkey. Legally, you can dispense the prescription providing all usual prescription requirements are met
15) Impotence is a side effect of which one of the following drugs?
16) A "freshly prepared" product is one that is made up no longer than 24 hours before its use
17) The recommended weekly alcohol intake for women is 14 units
18) Drug-induced photosensitivity reactions occur with which one of the following antibacterial drugs?
19) Antacids are normally most effective if taken with meals
20) Which one of the following drugs is classed as an antispasmodic?
21) Which one of the following drugs inhibits the intestinal absorption of cholesterol?
22) When writing a prescription, it is acceptable to abreviate micrograms to 'µg'
23) A drug has a half-life of 5 hours. If the initial plasma concentration is 50mcg/L how long will it take for the plasma drug concentration to reach 12.5mcg/L?
24) Veterinary prescriptions must include the telephone number of the prescriber
25) It would be appropriate to sell chloramphenicol in which of the following scenarios
1. 24 year old male that complains of a sharp pain in his left eye. There is no abnormal discharge or discolouration of the eye.
2. A 1 year old baby that has thick green discharge in the corners of both eyes. The iris of both eyes is slightly red
3. A 48 year old woman that has "stickiness" in her left eye that is worse in the morning. Upon further investigation the woman says that her left eye feels "gritty" and mentions that the discharge is thick and yellow/green.
26) Symptoms of dyspepsia include abdominal pain, bloating and diarrhoea
27) Other drugs should be taken at least 1 hour before or 4-6 hours after cholestyramine
28) Which one of the following symptoms is NOT associated with Crohn's Disease?
29) Which of the following drugs can be used to treat abdominal cramping in IBS?
30) Which one of the following drugs may be used for the relief of chronic muscle spasm?
31) Which one of the following antibacterial drugs can be used to treat Clostridium difficile infection?
32) Pharmacists must complete at least 12 CPD entries a year to comply with GPhC requirements
33) A patient has come into your pharmacy with severe tenderness and swelling around the bottom of his big toe. Which of the following medicines is most likely to cause this problem?
34) All of the following vitamins are fat-soluble with the exemption of which one?
35) Which of the following medicines is the most appropriate treatment for C.difficile infection?
36) How long do controlled drug invoices need to be kept for?
37) A patient group directive CANNOT cover the administration and supply schedule 2 or 3 controlled drugs under any circumstances
38) Patients suffering dyspepsia can be sold up to six weeks worth of proton pump inhibitor treatment before referral to GP is necessary
39) Black triangle drugs are those medicines that are considered by the joint prescribing committee to be less suitable for prescribing
40) According to clinical governance, standard operating procedures should be reviewed every 3 years