1) Which one of the following statements about oxycodone is incorrect?
2) Patients using which of the following acne medications should avoid prolonged exposure to UV light?
1. Lymecycline 408mg capsules
2. Clindamycin 1% lotion
3. Isotretinoin 0.05% gel
A. If 1, 2, and 3 are correct
B. If 1 and 2 only are correct
C. If 2 and 3 only are correct
D. If 1 only is correct
E. If 3 only is correct
3) Alginates exert their therapeutic effect by neutralising stomach acid
4) Schedule 3 controlled drugs can legally be dispensed against a faxed prescription
5) Dry, tickly cough is a common side effect of which of the following drug classes?
6) It is inappropriate to sell thrush treatments to which of the following patients?
1. A 70 year old woman who has had thrush many times in the past
2. A 14 year old girl that has not been diagnosed with thrush before
3. A 32 year old pregnant woman that has had thrush before and has recently completed a course of antibiotics
7) It is a legal requirement that out-of-date schedule 3 controlled drugs are destroyed in the presence of an authorised witness
8) Which of the following drugs should be considered for a patient with COPD with a chronic productive cough?
9) Records concerning the destruction of schedule 2 controlled drugs should be kept for how long?
10) Which one of the following drugs can cause thinning of the skin after regular and prolonged use?
11) A patient presents to the pharmacy with a sore mouth and hoarse voice. Upon inspection she has a white milky substance on her tongue and at the back her throat. Which of these medicines is most likely to cause this condition?
12) Overdose of which one of the following vitamins can cause hypercalcaemia?
13) Which one of the following classes of medicines is often associated with development of a persistent, dry cough
14) Topical application of which of the following drugs can cause thinning of the skin after prolonged use?
15) Which one of the following is a schedule 3 controlled drug that is exempt from safe custody requirements?
16) Which one of the following is NOT a symptom of bacterial conjunctivitis?
17) Which of the following is an enzyme inducer?
18) Other drugs should be taken at least 1 hour before or 4-6 hours after cholestyramine
19) What are the first line medicines used to treat gastro-oesophageal reflux disease?
20) What is the legal classification of a box of 32 paracetamol 500mg tablets
21) Long term use of which one of the following drug classes has been associated with increased osteoporosis risk?
22) Bacterial meningitis is less common and more serious than viral meningitis
23) When selling co-codamol over the counter to a patient, they should be advised to use it for no longer than 5 days
24) Which one of the following drugs can be used to treat abdominal cramping in IBS?
25) Diabetes and osteoporosis are glucocorticoid side effects of corticosteroids
26) Supplementation with which of the following B-vitamins can protect against isoniazid-associated neuropathy
27) One of your regular patients takes warfarin. If they were to concurrently ingest cranberry juice, what would you expect to happen to their INR?
28) Buprenorphine is a schedule 3 controlled drug that is exempt from safe custody requirements
29) The dihydropyridine calcium channel blockers have more influence on the smooth vascular muscle and less effect on myocardium than diltiazem and verapamil
30) If the pharmacist is absent from the pharmacy, GSL-classification medicines cannot be sold to the public
31) A FP10PCD is valid for how long?
32) If the pharmacist is absent from the pharmacy premises, GSL-classification meds cannot be sold to the public
33) Antimuscarinic bronchodilators commonly cause oral thrush
34) Which one of the following drugs is an expectorant?
35) Which of the following is true regarding oral thrush?
1. It typically presents with white, milky patches in the mouth, accompanied with a burning sensation in the mouth and an unpleasant taste
2. Over the counter treatment usually involves an oral antifungal gel
3. It often occurs as a result of antibiotic treatment
36) It is not necessary to report a suspected reaction in children to the MHRA if the drug does not have 'black triangle' status
37) Which one of the following drugs can be deposited in growing teeth and bone, causing dental staining?
38) Which of the following is a stimulant laxative?
1. Ispaghula husk
39) Experiencing anaphylaxis as a result of taking a medicine is classed as a serious adverse event
40) Alfacalcidol can be used to treat a deficiency of which one of the following vitamins?