1) Which one of the following statements regarding antacids is incorrect?
2) Simvastatin does NOT interact with which one of the following?
3) The "Selected List Scheme" includes items that may only be prescribed for the specific patient groups and for the specific purpose listed in the drug tariff.
4) Which of the following medicines can cause constipation?
1. Bismuth-containing preparations
2. Aluminium-containing preparations
3. Magnesium-containing preparations
A. If 1, 2, and 3 are correct
B. If 1 and 2 only are correct
C. If 2 and 3 only are correct
D. If 1 only is correct
E. If 3 only is correct
5) If a patient taking warfarin was to eat an unusually large amount of green leafy vegetables what affect would this have on their INR?
6) Pharmacists can refuse to provide emergency contraception on ethical grounds but must signpost the patient to another pharmacy where they can obtain it
7) If you have a war pension exemption certificate, the NHS will only cover the cost of prescriptions relating to your accepted disability
8) Which of the following is NOT a risk factor for venous thromboembolism with combined hormonal contraceptives.
9) Which of the following medicines is the most appropriate treatment for C.difficile infection?
10) Which of the following is/are true?
1. The responsible pharmacist may be absent from the pharmacy premises for up to three hours in a working day and still comply with the responsible pharmacist regulations
2. A handwritten copy of the pharmacy record must be kept
3. The responsible pharmacist notice must still be displayed during working hours if the pharmacist leaves the premises for one hour during lunch time
11) It is recommended that diabetic patients maintain their blood-glucose concentration under 5 mmol/L
12) When dispensing a prescription for a patient, it is important to dispense the same brand of which one of the following drugs?
13) A patient presents to the pharmacy with sore, itchy, red eyelids with greasy, crusty eyelashes. They are also experiencing a gritty sensation in their eyes. What is the most likely diagnosis?
14) Simvastatin has a significant interaction with which of the following?
15) It is illegal for a pharmacist to provide an emergency supply of diazepam
16) Which one of the following drugs is often associated with myopathy?
17) Patients suffering dyspepsia can be sold up to six weeks worth of proton pump inhibitor treatment before referral to GP is necessary
18) By law, what is the maximum amount of paracetamol 500mg tablets that can be sold to a person at the discretion of the pharmacist in a single transaction?
19) Pharmacists must complete at least 12 CPD entries per year to comply with GPhC requirements
20) Which one of the following drugs may cause respiratory depression?
21) FP10MDA prescriptions can request a maximum of 14 days treatment
22) You receive a prescription for an item listed on the "SLS" but there is no "SLS" endorsement on the prescription. You can amend the prescription by adding the endorsement so that it complies with NHS regulations. The prescription can then be dispensed
23) For malaria prophylaxis, Malarone should be taken 1-2 days before entering malarious area, for the duration of the stay and for four weeks after leaving the area.
24) A woman comes into the pharmacy asking for head lice treatment for her 6 year old daughter. She should be advised that it is necessary to treat all members of the household to prevent re-infestation
25) Which of the following antidiabetic drugs stimulates the production of insulin in pancreatic islet cells?
26) Which of the following is an enzyme inducer?
2. St John’s Wort
27) Prescriptions for which of the following drugs is/are valid for 6 months?
28) Long term use of proton pump inhibitors has been associated with increased risk of C. difficile infection
29) If a patient's warfarin dose is too high, their INR will decrease
30) Which one of the following is a schedule 2 controlled drug?
31) Private prescriptions for Schedule 2 or 3 controlled drugs must be written on FP10PCD
32) Pharmacy contractors should participate in one audit per year
33) Which of the following is NOT a symptom of oral thrush?
1. Unpleasant taste in mouth
2. White, milky patches in the mouth
3. Bad breath
34) Which one of the following drugs is an antidiabetic medicine?
35) Which of the following is an osmotic laxative?
36) With regards to combined contraceptives, a missed pill is one that is 48 hours late
37) What is the maximum amount of paracetamol 500mg tablets that may be taken by a patient in 24 hours?
38) Which of the following statements regarding shingles is/are true?
1. If you have shingles, you are contagious until all blisters have completely scabbed over
2. The shingles virus can be transmitted through respiratory secretions
3. You can catch shingles from being in direct contact with someone with shingles
39) If the pharmacist is absent from the pharmacy premises, P-classification medicines cannot be sold to the public
40) Symptoms of dyspepsia include abdominal pain, fullness, early satiety, bloating and nausea