1) Amiodarone is used for the treatment of which one of the following conditions?
2) Which one of the following laxatives is licensed for the relief of chronic constipation in women when other laxatives have failed?
3) Which one of the following drugs can is used to treat Alzheimer's disease?
4) Patients should seek medical attention if they develop flu-like symptoms up to how long after returning from a malarious area as the symptoms may be associated with delayed onset of malaria
5) Which of the following over-the-counter hayfever medicines should not be recommended for a child aged 14 years old?
6) A patient who present to the pharmacy with which one of the following conditions should be advised that it is recommended that treat all members of their household should also be treated for the same condition?
7) You can catch shingles from being in direct contact with someone who has shingles
8) Liver function tests are routinely recommended for patients who take which one of the following drugs?
9) Etoricoxib is a better choice than colchicine for a patient with a history of stroke suffering from an acute attack of gout
10) Impotence is a well-documented side effect of which one of the following antihypertensive drugs?
11) Which one of the following drugs should be taken on an empty stomach?
12) Which of the following drugs can be used to treat abdominal cramping in IBS?
13) Chloramphenicol eye drops can be sold for the treatment of bacterial conjunctivitis in those aged 1 year or above
14) The pharmacy record is a legal document that shows who is responsible pharmacist at any given time
15) A patient presents to the pharmacy with a sore mouth and hoarse voice. Upon inspection she has a white milky substance on her tongue and at the back her throat. Which of these medicines is most likely to cause this condition?
16) POM entries for veterinary prescriptions must be kept for how long after dispensing?
17) To provide an emergency supply, the patient themselves must be interviewed by the pharmacist. It is not sufficient to speak to the representative alone
18) Symptoms of dyspepsia include abdominal pain, bloating and diarrhoea
19) Which one of the following is incorrect regarding prescriptions for controlled drugs?
20) Patients should always be advised to rinse their mouth after using which one of the following medicines?
21) Which one of the following inhaled drugs is least likely to cause oral thrush?
22) Which of the following is an enzyme inhibitor?
1. Sodium valproate
A. If 1, 2, and 3 are correct
B. If 1 and 2 only are correct
C. If 2 and 3 only are correct
D. If 1 only is correct
E. If 3 only is correct
23) Which one of the following medicines has a potentially serious interaction with St Johns Wort?
24) Aspirin should not be used by those less than 18 years old
25) Which one of the following classes of inhaled medicines can reduce bone mineral density and predispose patients to osteoporosis?
26) Patients taking which one of the following medicines should not be sold miconazole oral gel to treat oral thrush?
27) Which of the following may be a symptom of migraine?
1. Throbbing headache
2. Visual disturbances
3. Nausea and vomiting
28) Prescriptions for which of the following drugs is/are valid for 6 months?
29) It is good practice to establish whether the person collecting prescriptions for schedule 2 controlled drugs is the patient, their rep or a healthcare professional. This is not a legal requirement
30) In patients treated with antibacterial drugs, H.pylori 13C-urea breath tests should not be carried out until how long after treatment has finished?
31) If a private prescription states that it may be dispensed six times, an entry must be made in the POM register and the prescription must be date stamped after each supply
32) Repeat dispensing is not allowed for schedule 2 controlled drugs
33) Which of the following drugs is used in the treatment of hyperthyroidism?
34) The pharmacy record must be kept for how long from the last day to which the record relates?
35) Dietary supplementation of which one of the following vitamins should be avoided by pregnant women?
36) Crohn's disease only affects the terminal ileum and proximal colon
37) If a patient's warfarin dose is too high, their INR will decrease
38) A person that has an active shingles infection is contagious until the shingles rash has completely healed
39) Supplementary prescribers cannot prescribe schedule 2 or 3 controlled drugs
40) Which of the following is a symptom of oral thrush?
1. White, milky patches in the mouth
2. Unpleasant taste in mouth
3. Burning sensation in the mouth