1) Which one of the following drugs can reduce lithium excretion when taken concurrently?
2) Which one of the following is NOT a reason to immediately stop taking combined hormonal contraceptives?
3) If the pharmacist is absent from the pharmacy premises, P-classification medicines cannot be sold to the public
4) When dispensing a prescription for a patient, it is important to dispense the same brand of which one of the following drugs?
5) Which one of the following creams may be used to treat cold sores?
6) It is good practice, not a legal requirement, to establish whether the person collecting prescriptions for schedule 2 controlled drugs is the patient, their representative, or a healthcare professional
7) Hydrocortisone 0.1% cream can be sold for treatment of eczema in those aged 6 years and over
8) For requisitions of a schedule 2 controlled drug, the purpose for which the drug is supplied must be included on the requisition form
9) A patient should be referred to their GP if an ulcer lasts for how long?
10) The measles virus is spread via tiny droplets that are expelled during coughing and sneezing
11) Metoclopramide is less likely than domperidone to cause central effects such as sedation and dystonic reactions
12) Enhanced services such as the influenza vaccine are commissioned locally according to the needs of the local population
13) Loperamide should be recommended first-line for the treatment for acute diarrhoea
14) Which one of the following drugs is most likely to cause constipation?
15) Patients suffering dyspepsia can be sold up to six weeks worth of proton pump inhibitor treatment before referral to GP is necessary
16) Humalog is a rapid acting insulin
17) Which of the following drugs may cause drowsiness?
A. If 1, 2, and 3 are correct
B. If 1 and 2 only are correct
C. If 2 and 3 only are correct
D. If 1 only is correct
E. If 3 only is correct
18) Which one of the following statements regarding alginates is incorrect?
19) Constipation is a common side effect of which of the following drugs?
20) Requisitions for schedule 2 or 3 controlled drugs must state the purpose for which the medicine is required
21) Which of the following medicines is the most appropriate treatment for C.difficile infection?
22) Which of the following drugs have a narrow therapeutic range?
23) A woman presents to the pharmacy asking for threadworm treatment for her 4 year old daughter. She should be advised that it is wise to treat all the member of the household.
24) Which one of the following vitamins is involved in the production of blood clotting factors?
25) Which of the following drugs can be used to accelerate gastric emptying
26) Which of the following medicines is most likely to cause constipation?
27) The pharmacy record must be completed in writing. Electronic records alone are not sufficient.
28) Which of the following products can be used to treat morning sickness in pregnancy?
29) Simvastatin does NOT interact with which one of the following?
30) Simvastatin has a significant interaction with which one of the following medicines?
31) Although not a legal requirement, if a healthcare professional acting in a professional capacity collects a schedule 2 or 3 controlled drug it is good practice to obtain their name and address
32) The responsible pharmacist notice must include the name and staff number of the responsible pharmacist. It must also state that the named responsible pharmacist is in charge of the registered pharmacy premises
33) If a patient's warfarin dose is too high, their INR will increase
34) Kidney function tests are routinely recommended for patients taking statins
35) Which one of the following is NOT a symptom of opiate overdose?
36) Which one of the following symptoms are not associated with vaginal thrush?
37) For requisitions of a schedule 2 controlled drug, the purpose for which the drug is supplied must be included on the requisition form
38) All of the following vitamins are fat-soluble with the exemption of which one?
39) Which of the following drugs has/have a significant interaction with warfarin?
2. Cranberry Juice
40) A "freshly prepared" product is one that is made up no longer than 24 hours before its use